Field Engineering - The 100 First YearsUp one level
Genenal Electric field engineering celebrated 100 years of service in 1994. A Commenerative booklet was published with many stories and photographs chronicling the history. Some of them appear herein.
- History of Field Engineering (1894-1994)
- Photos of former field engineers and managers.
- The Kilowatt Machines
- The original frame 3 gas turbines. They were 5000 KW generator drives. Gas turbines were intercooled compressor and regenerative cycle, dual fuel units.
- Vintage Steam & Gas Turbines
- A Steam Turbine and Generator Atop Another
- Unique installation of two steam turbines.
- Turbine being overhauled at Ford (Installed 1931)
- Rutland on the Leading Edge
- MS3001 gas turbines, intercooled, regenerative-cycle, dual fuel rated at 4000 kilowatts each.
- The Field Engineer and His Work
- The first GE field engineer, W.G. Ely from the early 1900s.
- Schenectady World Champs in Basketball in 1906
- Men from Schenectday win World Basketball Championship in 1906/
- 100 Years of Field Engineering